Week #4 of the Honors College Experience

On September 20,2017 I was ask to attend Alpha Beta Iota's Weekly Chapter meeting with Karla Leboyd as a Midway Honors Scholar. At this meeting Karla and I introduced the Honors College at ETSU. This gave me an opportunity to inform the potential transfer students all the positives of being a Midway Scholar.  Of course most members wanted to know what the scholar was and the amount that accompanied it. I am very pleased at the turn out for the meeting. Students left informed about ETSU's Honors College and how to apply. I meet one of my long term goals this week by helping give back to the community that has given so freely unto me. I am humbled to show other students that hard work and dedication can pay off. Seeing students excited about school thrills me beyond belief. The meeting was an hour long, so I have almost meet my community service hours for the semester. When my hours are meet, I still plan on giving my time where it is needed. My class requirements are getting done. This makes me excited. If you ever wonder just how you can make a difference in this world, go to college. You will learn so much more than what is taught in the classroom. Over the past three years, I have watched myself grow tremendously. I have been able to work on areas of my life that was not up to par with my expectations. For example, I was not that comfortable with public speaking. Now, I get a rush from being in front of a group of people sharing my thoughts and experiences with others. I am so glad that I decided to walk down the college road. I will always put my best foot forward even when I do not feel like it, because through my experience I have learned it is all worth it in the end and during the process of getting to the end. I hope to encourage anyone looking for self fulfillment in the direction of changing their life, which will change the world around us.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semester IV Week 10 Honors College Experience

Semester II Week#15 for Honors College Experience

Week#1 of the Honors College Experience