Week# 12 Honors College Experience

On November 30, 2017 I gave my presentation for my thesis proposal. I feel confident in my presentation. It was a topic that I did not think I would much interested in because I am unable to get a mentor for my thesis because of not having the required class to get a mentor. I am enrolled in the class for the next semester, but until then I had to meet the requirements for the class I am in this semester. It was heart breaking to know that I was pouring time into a project that I was not going to be able to use. I followed my thoughts and dove into a problem that I thought would work for my discipline. Through my research, I developed the thesis of, "What are the effects on motivation of a democratic leadership style within the work place?" I really feel like this is appropriate for my discipline because  many of my classes have taught me that the best place to change the motivation level in a work environment is through management. I am a business major with a concentration in management. I have already looked into the class that I am taking in the Spring semester and think that I may be able to use this as my actual thesis. I will be researching this idea. I think my thesis will be beneficial knowledge that needs to be shared and could possible have an impact on the improvement of motivation among employees. Leading the nation to progression instead of regression. After all, who wouldn't like to work in a more positive atmosphere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semester IV Week 10 Honors College Experience

Semester II Week#15 for Honors College Experience

Week#1 of the Honors College Experience